Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Sparkle Styling Kit for Horses

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner OSusannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    939
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    http://store.americangirl.com/pls/ag...groupid=440613
    Has everyone clicked on "view larger" and seen pic 5? My 9yo DD, who I thought would really like this set, said, "Poor horse!" and "I would never do that to a horse!" I got a good laugh out of the pictures, but she was horrified! 12yo DD just rolled her eyes in her very disdainful way. [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member SayuriWhispers's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2005
    Posts
    80
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ugh. Just....ugh.

    Honestly this is the first time I've really felt that Mattel is mixing Barbie ideas into AG. Even if it's the Today line, they need to keep it realistic. I hope this items fade into obscurity.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am not a big horse fan, but if I was I don't think I would think of getting that!

  4. #4
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    It's TERRIBLE for a horse, but I am hoping those hair snaps with the ribbons become replacement parts, they would look cute on the 18" girls! [img]wink.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member christhedolllady's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2004
    Posts
    85
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Those hair snaps look similiar to the ones for the Wood Fairy costume.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member jessicasturm's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2005
    Posts
    923
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, that horse set is really bad. I too feel that Mattel is mixing the Barbie brand with the American Girl brand.

    What used to make AG so special is that they don't do cheap plastic toys, that make stuff that lasts a lifetime, and that is realistic.

    Mattel needs to fix this problem, and fast!

    Jessica

  7. #7
    Inactive Member sailorangel59's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    281
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It reminds me of a horse that is about to go out for the circus... or maybe a show in vegas....ewwwww... bad thought just now.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member DaisyDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2005
    Posts
    646
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hate tha Horse set and Licorice's cat tree as well. They are both Barbie hideous IMO. My best friend saw them and hated them as much as I do too. But, when we looked throught the catalogue with her 9 year old daughter, she LOVED them. I guess they are just items that either you really like or you really dislike.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh Greymyst, I had no intention of getting this set because I don't have any AG horses. But now that you mentioned it can be used for the 18" dolls...

    sigh. Will temptations ever cease? [img]eek.gif[/img]

    Julia

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Felicity Merriman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2004
    Posts
    131
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This set, that PLASTIC palm-tree that makes JUNGLE noises, and that inflatible boat-thing for Jess are all JUNK. Me and my mom both agreed on this. Junk, junk, junk. Mattel has come out with alot of junk since they bought Pleasent Company.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •